Palestinian FM: We informed Washington that Israeli settlement activity means we are released from any obligation
The Gaza post|The News of Palestine-Ramallah
Palestinian Foreign Affairs and Expatriates Minister Riad Malki said Wednesday that the Palestinian leadership has informed the US administration that the decision of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to build thousands of settlements units in the West Bank “means that we are released from any obligations we have presented to it or any other international party.”
In statements to the official radio station (Voice of Palestine), Malki elaborated that the Palestinian side contacted the US administration and said that the newly declared settlement units is “a declaration of war” against the two state solution.
“We demanded from the US administration to undertake its responsibility towards this step, because this means that we are released from any obligations we presented previously,” he said, and added “we cannot stand neutral before this dangerous escalation by Netanyahu while he is trying to win an internal Israeli competition on the expense of Palestinians.”
“This is unacceptable and will not be allowed,” said Malki, explaining that the Palestinian leadership is “waiting for the US administration to intervene with the Israeli side in order to halt Netanyahu from such steps, otherwise, we must have a way on how to lea with this dangerous settlement escalation.”
He said that the Palestinian leadership will “knock all doors,” to confront those schemes “including the International Criminal Court.”
Israeli sources unraveled Tuesday that the Israeli government approved that construction of 3,829 new settlement units in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.